Wednesday, July 10, 2013

just a short break with a before and after...well durring.

I'm feeling somewhat better.
The swelling in my throat is gone, but now I'm all drainy and I am coughing my head off.
I've been alternating hot tea and tums...since the tea gives me heartburn.

Today I'm packing the hospital bags.
(don't worry I'm taking pictures! for a post)
I decided to take a quick break...
because I'm preggie...and tired

somehow I ended up going through old pictures 
and HOLY COW 
I came across one from when I was around 10 weeks pregnant.

now I know why people say I look like I've lost a ton of weight!

I've always struggled with body image.
I'm a "big"girl, I'm short, but I'm pudgy.
so throughout this pregnancy I've had a hard time seeing a bump and not just fat.

at 10 weeks pregnant I weighed in at 200
when I was in the office Monday I weighed in at 191.1

that's just 10lbs...but then you have to consider how much you gain when pregnant
enter webmd:
  • Baby: 8 pounds
  • Placenta: 2-3 pounds
  • Amniotic fluid: 2-3 pounds
  • Breast tissue: 2-3 pounds
  • Blood supply: 4 pounds
  • Stored fat for delivery and breastfeeding: 5-9 pounds
  • Larger uterus: 2-5 pounds
  • Total: 25-35 pounds
now I know dude doesn't weigh 8lbs...but I'm positive I gained more than 2-3lbs of breast tissue!
so it evens out. and I'm guessing I'm on the lower end of the 25-35...so we'll just say 25lbs gained thanks to the dude.

that puts me at a weight loss guess of around 35lbs.
hard to believe...until you see the side by side comparison.
10ish weeks                     30ish weeks


ok all, I'm off to finish packing!
 

{also HOLY COW I'm "full term" tomorrow!!!}

No comments:

Post a Comment