Monday, July 8, 2013

Sick...

First of all I feel like all I do is show you my bump shots and complain about crap going wrong with me...I swear I don't just sit around complaining.
But yet again I'm here to complain.

I woke up Sunday with a slight sore throat, I totally thought it was just thanks to a bit of sinus drainage thanks to the pregnant stuffiness.
But then I woke up this morning and I was way way worse.
Totally swollen and felt like I couldn't get any air when I wasn't breathing through my nose.
So I called the OBGYN and they got me in. 

The rapid (3min) strep test turned out to be negative, but she didn't like that for an answer so they sent off a 48hr culture.
In the meantime they are putting me on a 10 day round of antibiotics and also a lovely steroid.
Why a steroid? 
Well because my uvula (aka the hanging thing in your throat) is 3x the size it's supposed to be!
I was instructed to call the minute that it gets wors, they would then probably send me to the ER because much more swelling and it could completely block my throat...yippy!

The good news is that they feel the baby is fine and won't be affected.
Cue happy momma.
Well as happy as one who feels like shit can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment